Porcelain mug for tea or beer with the inscription БУФЕТ КООПЕРАТИВА СОТР и ВОЙСК Г.П.У. (Buffet of the cooperative of employees and military of the G.P.U.). The inscription is copied from the original subject of agitation porcelain. Such porcelain is also called propaganda-dishes; it was one of the tools to create a positive image and importance of the organization, along with uniforms, special insignia and unique awards. We offer here a beautiful item for domestic use, which is undoubtedly a great gift!
A durable mug of a convenient shape weights approximately 300 g and holds 330 ml of liquid. Diameter 8 cm, height almost 10 cm. The inscriptions are applied as hot decals (paint is baked into the surface at high temperature), this is not a cheap stencil. The inscriptions are fixed securely and can be washed in a dishwasher.
On the bottom there is the manufacturer's marking: (Коминтерн ст. Волхово Н.К.М.П.) Komintern Volkhovo N.K.M.P. This is the mark of the Komintern factory (the Volkhov porcelain and earthenware factory until 1921). It was under the N.K.M.P. or Narkommestprom (People’s Commissariat for Local Industry). Since 1920 in the USSR small and medium-sized enterprises whose products and services were intended for local consumption were considered a separate branch of the economy (in comparison with large strategic enterprises). At the same time, such factories created that unique objects. Until 1930, the Komintern factory produced porcelain and earthenware products, and then household earthenware. During the Great Patriotic War, the plant was destroyed and was no longer restored. Source: ru.wikipedia.org.
The State Political Administration (GPU) under the NKVD of the RSFSR was established on February 6, 1922 at the proposal of Lenin (when the ВЧК or VChK was abolished). The tasks facing the GPU:
• suppression of open counter-revolutionary actions, including banditry;
• security and anti-espionage measures;
• protection of railway and waterways;
• political protection of the borders of the RSFSR;
• combating smuggling and crossing the borders of the republic without appropriate permits;
• fulfillment of special instructions of the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee (ВЦИК) for the protection of the revolutionary order;
• disclosure of counter-revolutionary organizations and persons whose activities are aimed at undermining the economic organs of the republic.