Porcelain mug for hot beverages with the inscription НКО Главное Управление Контрразведки СМЕРШ (People's Commissariat of Defense, Main Directorate of Counterintelligence SMERSh). SMERSh is short for "Death to Spies!" («Смерть шпионам!»). That was the name of several independent counterintelligence organizations in the Soviet Union during World War II. The Main Directorate of Counterintelligence "Smersh" was directly subordinate to Stalin. Source: ru.wikipedia.org.
The inscription is copied from the original subject of agitation porcelain. Such porcelain is also called propaganda-dishes; it was one of the tools to create a positive image and importance of the organization, along with uniforms, special insignia and unique awards. We offer here a beautiful item for domestic use, which is undoubtedly a great gift!
A durable mug of a convenient shape weights approximately 300 g and holds 330 ml of liquid. Diameter 8 cm, height almost 10 cm. The inscriptions are applied as hot decals (paint is baked into the surface at high temperature), this is not a cheap stencil. The inscriptions are fixed securely and can be washed in a dishwasher.
On the bottom there is a manufacturer's inscription: KKMP Pervomaysky Porcelain Factory, Pesochnoe on the Volga. The company was founded in 1884 by the merchant P. A. Nikitin as a brick factory, but a year later they mastered the production of china. In 1936, about 2,000 people worked at the plant; an art laboratory appeared. By 2010, 70% of the plant’s production was exported only, and in the winter of 2013, the plant was declared bankrupt. Source: ru.wikipedia.org.
The State Political Administration (GPU) under the NKVD of the RSFSR was established on February 6, 1922 at the proposal of Lenin (when the ВЧК or VChK was abolished). The tasks facing the GPU:
• suppression of open counter-revolutionary actions, including banditry;
• security and anti-espionage measures;
• protection of railway and waterways;
• political protection of the borders of the RSFSR;
• combating smuggling and crossing the borders of the republic without appropriate permits;
• fulfillment of special instructions of the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee (ВЦИК) for the protection of the revolutionary order;
• disclosure of counter-revolutionary organizations and persons whose activities are aimed at undermining the economic organs of the republic.